Team members from Superior’s San Jose-based office will be meeting with job seekers at the Work2Future regional job fair between 9am-3pm this Wednesday. We are looking for candidates for HR, IT, engineering, customer service and administrative positions. The event is sponsored by Work2Future and is supported by the San Jose NUMMI Career Transition Center, who provides training and mentoring for active jobseekers.
If you plan on stopping by the event, NUMMI has provided a few tips to help maximize your face-time with potential employers.
1. Walk up to an employer’s booth, make eye contact with the recruiter, smile, and say hello.
2. Offer a firm handshake and introduce yourself.
3. Ask about career opportunities for your occupation at the recruiter’s company.
4. Deliver your 15-second “elevator pitch” that summarizes who you are and what kind of job you’re after.
5. Answer the recruiter’s questions and ask a few yourself.
6. If there’s a job of interest to you, tell the recruiter that you want to apply for that specific job.
7. Offer the recruiter a copy of your resume.
8. Ask how you can schedule a job interview.
9. Request the recruiter’s business card.
10. Thank the recruiter, smile, and again offer your firm handshake.
If your response is “No, I can’t” or “I don’t know if I can” to any of these skills, then you’d better get on the ball and doing something pronto because you’ll need every one of these skills to effectively work any job fair
Wednesday, October 12th
5:30pm – 7:00pm
Regional Career Job Fair
San Jose Convention Center
150 West San Carlos St.
San Jose, CA, 95110
If you can’t make the event, but would like to learn more about opportunities in the San Jose region, contact Alana Alcini at email@example.com.